About Me

Thank you for stopping by and getting to know me! My husband and I have enjoyed 22 years of marriage together. We have three grown children: our daughter who has given us three adorable grandchildren--two girls and one boy, ages 8, 5 and 3. We also have twin sons, one married and one single, with another adorable grandson age 4. Our lives are full and blessed. My husband works in the aviation industry and we've managed to be transferred every five years since 1995. We've lived in St. Louis, Missouri (our hometown), Hershey, Pennsylvania, Crossville, Tennessee, and now Newnan, Georgia. We love the diversity we've encountered with all of the wonderful places we've lived. We've met lifelong friends whom we will cherish forever and have learned so many things.

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

These are our furry family members.  Three out of four are rescues.  First is Chloe Bernice, our Chocolate Toy Poodle.  Next is Rusty Paws, our Black and Tan Hound/Beagle Mix.  The third is Summer Breeze, our Tri-Colored Papillon, rescued from a puppy mill; and last, but certainly not least, is our little Sweetpea.  She is our little Rough Coat Jack Russell Terrier, and the happiest little girl I've ever met!

We never planned on having four dogs!  After moving to Georgia, I spent a year volunteering for an animal rescue and saw many heartbreaking situations.  Giving these dogs homes was the least we could do for them--especially our little Summer Breeze.  Now that we have them, we couldn't imagine life without them. 

They're great little nurses, too.  They sure have taken good care of me since I've been sick, hovering over me to make sure I'm okay.  Lots of licks and kisses, doggies curled up all around me, nurturing me back to health!  They kept me warm when I had fevers and never left my side.  I'm a lucky girl!  :o)

1 comment:

  1. What precious pups! Isn't it amazing how much comfort our pets can give us? Our kitties have all been rescued as well! Ricky sleeps under the covers with me and keeps me warm...sometimes too warm! LOL! Hope you are recovering... it takes time! Take care, rest and ask God to give your strength! Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving such a sweet comment! It meant so much to me!!! Hugs!
    Grace

    ReplyDelete