About Me

Thank you for stopping by and getting to know me! My husband and I have enjoyed 22 years of marriage together. We have three grown children: our daughter who has given us three adorable grandchildren--two girls and one boy, ages 8, 5 and 3. We also have twin sons, one married and one single, with another adorable grandson age 4. Our lives are full and blessed. My husband works in the aviation industry and we've managed to be transferred every five years since 1995. We've lived in St. Louis, Missouri (our hometown), Hershey, Pennsylvania, Crossville, Tennessee, and now Newnan, Georgia. We love the diversity we've encountered with all of the wonderful places we've lived. We've met lifelong friends whom we will cherish forever and have learned so many things.

Friday, February 26, 2010

Hello Everyone! It's Friday!

Hello there and thanks for stopping by.  Today is Friday and I'm looking forward to spending the weekend with my hubby.  He was out of town all week on business so it was a bit lonely around here.  Chloe, our Toy Poodle, is smitten with her daddy and she did nothing but mope around the house the entire time he was gone.  I felt so sorry for her.  However, everything was much better when he returned home last night--for all of us! 

My progress in getting over this pneumonia and dealing with the sudden onset of full-blown asthma has been one step forward, two steps back, and the reverse.  Today is my one step back, I'm afraid.  I didn't sleep well last night.  The medication used with the nebulizer (breathing machine) causes insomnia.  It has been awful only to get a couple hours of sleep at a time.

On a positive note, the cobwebs in my head left behind by the pneumonia are beginning to clear up, but my hands are still too shaky to be able to effectively create anything in my art studio.  Just after a breathing treatment, they shake so bad I can't get a cup to my mouth without spilling.  I'll be glad when this is all over.  I'm looking forward to the day when I no longer need to use the nebulizer.

Thank you for all of your kind words of encouragement and thank you so much for posting your beautiful creations online to keep me inspired and looking forward to the time when I'm back on my feet, doing what I love most.  I am soooo looking forward to participating in some challenges and submitting my work for you all to view.  

Oh, and by the way, I ordered my very first ever Cuddlebug and I cannot wait to get it!!  I've been tracking it via FedEx and it will be delivered TODAY!!!!  Woo hoo!!!  Perhaps the arrival of this new tool will spur me into a creative frenzy--shaky hands and all!  I certainly hope so!  

Happy creativity, everyone!  

Merilee

No comments:

Post a Comment