About Me

Thank you for stopping by and getting to know me! My husband and I have enjoyed 22 years of marriage together. We have three grown children: our daughter who has given us three adorable grandchildren--two girls and one boy, ages 8, 5 and 3. We also have twin sons, one married and one single, with another adorable grandson age 4. Our lives are full and blessed. My husband works in the aviation industry and we've managed to be transferred every five years since 1995. We've lived in St. Louis, Missouri (our hometown), Hershey, Pennsylvania, Crossville, Tennessee, and now Newnan, Georgia. We love the diversity we've encountered with all of the wonderful places we've lived. We've met lifelong friends whom we will cherish forever and have learned so many things.

Monday, February 22, 2010

Hello and Happy Monday

Hello everyone and Happy Monday to you all!

Our weekend in Atlanta was simply beautiful-65 degrees-and I was actually able to get out and enjoy it just a bit, which was a real treat for me.  I've been so sick, but yesterday my hubby and I got out for a bit.  We went to the store and picked up some groceries, then stopped by our favorite fast food restaurant and headed downtown to our quaint little town square to enjoy our lunch.  We didn't get out of the car, I was too pooped for that, but we opened up the windows and let the fresh breeze clear the air while soaking up that beautiful sunshine.  It was wonderfully refreshing!

It's an amazing gift when you've come to a place in your life where you truly appreciate the little things in life.  This illness has done just that for me.  I no longer take so many things for granted and I am soaking up as much life as I can, realizing just how fleeting it can truly be.  I am happy to be here and happy to love life.  

I am slowly regaining a bit of energy-truly a treat for me-and I can finally see some progress taking place in my healing.  Life can only get better from here!  In the meantime, my art studio continues to call my name.  I can hear her loud and clear, but my ability to sit and create still has yet to return.  My mind is full of new ideas and inspiration from visiting so many talented people on the internet.  All of you have sustained me through this healing process and given me the ability to see that I will get there soon...it's only a matter of time.

As I await the day that I sit for hours in my art studio, creativity soaring with the wonderful madness of my cluttered mess all around me, I would like to leave you with an inspirational quote from Values.com:


“The best portions of a good man's life, His little, nameless, unremembered acts, Of kindness and love.”
—William Wordsworth
(1770-1850); poet

Have a wonderful day and I'll be visiting many of you today and in the days to come!  Thank you for providing me with so much to look forward to in your beautiful works of art!

Sincerely,
Merilee

2 comments:

  1. Hello Merilee,
    I am so sorry to hear that you have been ill dear. Looking on the positive side of things, I'm glad to know that you are recovering and feeling a lot better. I look forward to opening my windows and just smell the warm spring air and sunshine. Hopefully I can experience this sometime in April. Old Man Winter isn't done with us yet and the forecast calls for snow, snow and more snow. *yuk*
    Take care and I hope that you have a beautiful day!
    hugs
    Risa:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merilee---glad you are feeling better. that put a big smile on my face today! hugs!

    ReplyDelete