About Me

Thank you for stopping by and getting to know me! My husband and I have enjoyed 22 years of marriage together. We have three grown children: our daughter who has given us three adorable grandchildren--two girls and one boy, ages 8, 5 and 3. We also have twin sons, one married and one single, with another adorable grandson age 4. Our lives are full and blessed. My husband works in the aviation industry and we've managed to be transferred every five years since 1995. We've lived in St. Louis, Missouri (our hometown), Hershey, Pennsylvania, Crossville, Tennessee, and now Newnan, Georgia. We love the diversity we've encountered with all of the wonderful places we've lived. We've met lifelong friends whom we will cherish forever and have learned so many things.

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Hello Everyone!

Today I'd like begin by telling you about some fabulous blog candy available from True's Gifts from the heart,   http://truesgiftsfromtheheart.blogspot.com.  You really need to visit her blog and sign up to win!  It's a huge package with lots of fun stuff.  Good luck!


Now on to my brand spankin' new Cuddlebug machine!!  Yesterday I spent the afternoon playing with it.  I had a blast!  My machine didn't come with any cool embossing plates-only the tiny stamp set, and I wasn't up to shopping, so I decided to try my Fiskars embosssing plates.  First I went out to You Tube and watched a couple of video tutorials on how to use them.  Then I got started.


Now, mind you, I have no supplies other than the Cuddlebug and my Fiskars plates, so I needed to improvise and use what I had on hand.  The tutorials called for rubber mats used with Spellbinders, I believe.  In the absence of those, I found an old mouse pad which I cut to the same size as the Cuddlebug plates (a, b & c).  I then sandwiched everything together, along with one extra piece of cardstock, and voi·là, I had embossed cardstock!!  Yippee!!!  

I was thrilled that I was able to do this, however, upon close inspection, I did notice that the impression left by the Fiskars plates wasn't very deep.  It will look better enhanced by chalks or paint or even a stamp pad.  I'll play around with them and see what works best.  I never throw anything away, so I will find a use for the many "samples" created.


In the interim, since I'm still too weak from the pneumonia to actually shop for Cuddlebug embossing folders at my favorite local stores, I decided to let my fingers do the walking and shop online.  I was able to bid on some folders on ebay and they'll arrive sometime next week (hopefully)!  I'll be anxiously awaiting the arrival of the mailman every single day!  :o)


If any of you can direct me to websites which offer good deals on Cuddlebug embossing folders (or any other supplies), please let me know.  I am always looking for affordable prices so I can splurge in other areas of my papercrafting!  :o)


Have a great day!


Merilee



No comments:

Post a Comment